What Can Physical Therapy Do for You?
Experiencing aches and pains from a new or old injury, car accident, surgery, or falling is not unusual. Greater than one-half of all Americans have been suffering from pain for years.
Fact: physical therapists not only treat your pain but also treat the source of the pain.
At Synergy Physical Therapy & Wellness, our therapists are experts in treating neuro-musculoskeletal and movement disorders. Physical therapy can help to correct movement disorders and relieve related pain.
To properly treat your pain, our goal is to discover its source. Proper treatment can make pain no longer an issue.
Physical therapy helps most people who have:
- Back pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head and Neck pain
- Herniated Disks
- Hip pain and/or replacement
- Joint pain and/or replacement
- Knee pain and/or replacement
- Shoulder pain
Physical therapy is conservative therapy and easy to do. We will:
- Teach you specific movements and exercises and show you the correct way to perform them.
- Help where doctors and prescription medications failed.
Benefits Of Physical Therapy
There are numerous benefits to your health offered by physical therapy. Such as help in the recovery from surgery, injury prevention in sports, or simply wishing to move easily once again.
This is the primary reason Synergy designs therapy programs individualized to your personal needs.
These programs include:
- Women’s Health Programs
- Neck Health Programs
1: PAIN REDUCTION
Everyone knows that pain is both mentally and physically debilitating. Pain makes simple tasks like walking or doing housework difficult and miserable. What’s more, pain can keep you up at night, robbing you of sleep and even exacerbate depression.
Synergy’s goal is to:
- Find the source of your pain
- Properly address the pain
- Treat the pain, so it no longer interferes with your movement
Treating costs of back pain in the United States is estimated at $100 billion annually. Relief from back pain can be achieved with physical therapy.
Your individualized program will include:
- Further education for safe moving patterns
- Emphasis on ergonomics in the workplace
- Treatments to address restrictions or joint mobility deficits
- Pain-reducing modalities
2: MOBILITY IMPROVEMENT
Remaining active throughout your life has benefits, such as:
- Healthy weight maintenance
- Muscles and bones are strengthened
- Respiratory and cardiovascular health improved
- Risk reduction for many life-threatening diseases
- Positive mental health promoted
- Extending your life
Physical therapists are mobility experts.
Treatments to improve mobility include:
- Soft and deep tissue massage
- Joint mobilization
- Aquatic therapy
- Postural exercises
- Kinesio taping
- Electrical stimulation
- Therapeutic exercises
- Home exercise programs
3: PREVENTION AND RECOVERY FROM SPORTS INJURY
Common Sport injuries:
- Rotator cuff
Synergy physical therapists will treat and educate you on show how to strengthen your muscles so you can recover from your injury and what’s more, prevent future injuries in the process.
There are no guarantees that surgery will remedy your pain.
A study shows that physical therapy is a better option than surgery with less risk and more significant lasting results.
4: BALANCE IMPROVED
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tell us:
- One in five falls results in serious injuries
- 800,000 people are hospitalized each year due to falls
In 2015, medical costs in America related to falls were nearly $50 billion.
Improving your balance through physical therapy can help prevent a fall.
Synergy’s licensed physical therapists will provide:
- A thorough individualized evaluation
- Risk factors related to issues with balance
- A personalized program
- Home safety checklist
- Instruction on safe movement patterns
5: MANAGE AGE-RELATED ISSUES
Do you have aching joints? Sore knees? Stiff back? Perhaps you’ve been diagnosed with arthritis or osteopenia or osteoporosis? Or even any type of joint replacement?
Do not allow an aging body to keep you in pain.
By using appropriate physical therapy, we can treat arthritis. We focus on the joints affected by arthritis and strengthen and stretch the involved muscles to alleviate pain.
Physical Therapists work to improve:
- Power of your lower body
6: RECOVER OR MANAGE HEART AND LUNG DISEASE
Breathing exercises help you to strengthen and condition your pulmonary system through physical therapy and can improve your quality of life.
Breathing exercises also help to clear fluids from the lungs.
According to the CDC:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States
- One person dies every 37 seconds from cardiovascular disease in the US
- Nearly 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year
- Cardiovascular disease costs the US about $219 billion each year
Synergy’s physical therapists develop exercise programs to increase your heart rate, lower your blood pressure, and reduce the risks of heart disease and stroke.
Physical therapy exercise programs can also:
- Raise your good cholesterol levels (HDL)
- Help you to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- Control blood sugar
Our mission is to give others hope, healing, confidence, and joy. Your recovery journey begins with a free consultation by our team of compassionate, knowledgeable licensed physical therapists.
Schedule a consultation with Synergy Physical Therapy and Wellness so you can quickly get back in the game.
Start getting your life back today.